Start the New Year with a healthy soup filled with vegetables rich in fiber, Vitamins A & K and improved digestion.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 medium chopped leeks
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 cups peeled, diced carrots
- 2 cups peeled, diced sweet potatoes
- 2 cups fresh green bean, bit size pieces
- 2 quarts organic sugar-free vegetable stock
- 4 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- ¼ cup chopped parsley leaves
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- In a large stockpot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Next, add celery, leeks, garlic and salt and pepper. Cook for about seven minutes.
- Add carrots, sweet potatoes and green beans and cook for another seven minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add the cabbage. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in parsley and lemon juice.