Courtesy of Kitchen Angels ‘Seasons of Santa Fe’ Cookbook. Sold in Kitchenality.
- 6 oz. fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 lemon – grated zest only
- 6 tbsp sugar
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar for garnish
- ½ cup sour cream for garnish
- Preheat Oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the cranberries in half. In a small bowl, combine the lemon zest and 2 tablespoons sugar; set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour and salt.
- In another, beat the eggs gently and whisk in milk. Add to the flour, a little at a time, and blend until smooth. Sir in the lemon zest-sugar mixture. Let the batter rest.
- In a 10” ovenproof skillet, melt butter over medium heat, allowing it to coat the bottom and halfway up the sides. When the butter is bubbling, add the cranberries. Stir until they are softened and coated with butter, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining 4 tablespoons sugar and cook until the sugar has dissolved and become syrupy, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir the egg batter and pour it evenly over the fruit. Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and puffed at the edges.
- Before serving, top each portion with a sprinkling of powdered sugar and a dollop of sour cream.
Serves 2 to 4.
Seasons of Santa Fe Cookbook sold in Kitchenality.