- 1 bunch thin asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small bunch kale (preferably Tuscan kale), stems removed and leaves roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 large bunch fresh chives, chopped
- Grated zest of 1 lemon, plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper
- Kosher Salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 cup coarsely grated pecorino romano or parmesan cheese
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook as the label directs. Add the peas, asparagus and kale to the pot during the last 3 minutes of cooking and stir occasionally. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water, then drain pasta and vegetables.
Meanwhile, combine the olive oil, all but 2 tablespoons, chives, lemon zest and juice, 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a blender. Add 3 tablespoons cold water and puree until smooth, scraping down the inside of the blender. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the tarragon and drizzle with olive oil.
Add the pasta and vegetables to the chive puree along with 1/4 cup of the reserved cooking water and half of the cheese; season with salt and pepper. Toss well to coat, adding more cooking water to loosen if necessary. Serve topped with remaining cheese and chives.