Mexican Pasta Salad With Creamy Avocado Dressing
- 8 ounces whole-wheat fusilli (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup canned black beans, rinsed
- ½ cup corn, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ ripe avocado
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 small clove garlic, grated
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- To prepare dressing: Combine avocado, mayonnaise, lime juice, garlic, salt and cumin in a mini food processor. Puree until smooth.
- To prepare pasta salad: Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water, then drain again. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in tomatoes, beans, corn, Cheddar, onion and cilantro. Add the dressing and toss to coat.
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate, without dressing, for up to 1 day. Toss with the dressing about 1 hour before serving.