“Change is inevitable. Growth is optional.” –John C. Maxwell
Fresh and Tasty Blog
“The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.”
“A point of view can be a dangerous luxury when substituted for insight and understanding.” —Marshall McLuhan
Start the New Year with a healthy soup filled with vegetables rich in fiber, Vitamins A & K and improved digestion.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 medium chopped leeks
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 cups peeled, diced carrots
- 2 cups peeled, diced sweet potatoes
- 2 cups fresh green bean, bit size pieces
- 2 quarts organic sugar-free vegetable stock
- 4 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- ¼ cup chopped parsley leaves
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- In a large stockpot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Next, add celery, leeks, garlic and salt and pepper. Cook for about seven minutes.
- Add carrots, sweet potatoes and green beans and cook for another seven minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add the cabbage. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in parsley and lemon juice.
“The time is always right to do the right thing.” –Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
“Hope doesn’t come from calculating whether the good news is winning out over the bad. It’s simply a choice to take action.” ––Anna Lappe
“Life’s challenges are not supposed to paralyze you,they’re supposed to help you discover who you are.” –Bernice Johnson Reagon
“May your troubles be less, your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door.” –Irish Blessing
“Happiness is not the absence of problems, it’s the ability to deal with them.” –Steve Maraboli
“The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom.” —Isaac Asimov