- 3 lbs. butternut squash (peeled, seeded & cut into 1/2″ dice)
- 3 leeks (white and green parts only)
- 6 large eggs
- 2.5 cups half-and-half
- 4 oz. thinly sliced prosciutto (optional)
- 6 oz. baguette (cut into 1″ cubes)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped thyme
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 375° and butter a 9″ x 13″ baking dish. In a large bowl toss butternut squash with 1 tbsp of olive oil and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Spread squash on a baking sheet in a single layer and roast for 25 minutes or until tender, tossing one halfway. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, melt butter in 1 tbsp olive oil. Add leeks and season with salt and pepper. Cook over moderate heat, stirring until tender, about 15 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with half and half, cheese, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper. Stir in bread and let stand for 10 minutes. Fold in squash and prosciutto. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish and bake at 375° for 45 minutes or until lightly golden on top. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.